After reading the title, maybe you wonder,”How can a worker be her everyday’s hero?” Well, for me, she is one of my everyday’s heroes. She is not a famous or rich person. She is only a worker of my parents’ shop. Her full name is Risa Maula Oktavia. People usually call him *thx to Rina for correcting* her Risa. She is much younger than me but she has already had a job. She works in my parents’shop and sometimes she works at my house as a housemaid. She is from Jepara, central Java, and she lives in a contracted house near my parents’shop. She chose the job in my parents’ shop because she wants to gain her job experience since she is still very young. She likes to work in a shop because it can be a chance for her to meet new people. I honestly admire her because she is still young and can't get higher education than junior high school, but she wants to work diligently.
There are her goals and her life motivation that inspire me. She wants to be a successful person. It makes me think that i have to be a successful person too. She wants to make her parents happy and proud of her. This gives me lesson that i should make my parents happy too in ways i can do. For example, I have to study hard so that i can get a scholarship. This definitely would make my parents happy. Risa also wants to have a better future for her and her family. She cannot go to school anymore because her parents' money is not enough to pay for the school fees. She hopes by having this job would help her family’s finance problem. For this one, I feel that she 'beats' me. I hate the fact that I cannot do something to earn money for now. But i am very grateful that I have parents who support me and pay for my education fees.
There are also some of her struggles and challenges that i can learn from. Waking up early in the morning is one of them, since I am not a morning person. Another one is she has to memorize all the prices in my shop. It must be a tough job to do. Memorizing a lot of prices is never easy, unless I have a very bright brain. I think that would be a challenge for her to do that. Another challenge is that she has to serve customers friendly. Meeting new people and greeting them friendly are not things I can do easily. There must be some efforts to do that.
So, I learn a lot from her life and her story. As a person, I should not give up easily on something. When I want something, I need efforts to get it. I have to keep trying on my own. Her story also teaches me to try harder. Life is tough, but I should be tougher than it. I also have to be grateful because I still have parents who can support my needs so that I do not need to work hard in such young age like Risa.
Label: #writingclass


